Sunday 14 September 2014

Missha Creamy Latte Strawberry Cleansing Foam (딸기라떼 클렌징 폼) Review

Oh sweet mother of god I spent ages typing this review out and translating the Korean product information and thought I didn't save this hahah I found it!! So now I can publish it *sigh of relief* I accidently typed this out as a page instead of a post so was dying a little inside when it didn't show up in my post drafts o_O



After running out of my Simple cleansing face wash i decided to buy a new foaming one online, so did my research and found one of the cheapest Korean ones I could.

I've had an interest in Korean beauty products and trends ever since I started watching Korean dramas nearly three years ago, so instead of running down to Boots and buying a face wash I decided to try a Korean one for the craic.


It was a toss-up between the Missha one and the Holika Holika Daily Gardening Cleansing Foam. I went for the Missha one even though it was more expensive. The Holika Holika one was £4.13 and the Missah one was £4.19... a huge difference of 6p haha but the Holika Holika one was 120ml, compared to the 172ml Missha bottle. So of course I splashed out a whole 6p and went for the better value one! Plus, when I went to look at the Holika Holika one there was only the Olive Oil one and the Green Tea one left, and although I'm sure they're great, they weren't the ones most suited to my skin (the user provided the original description for each um flavour?) so I went for the strawberry Missha one.

So!
This is the product ^^

On the front it says:
"Containing milk ingredients, it makes your skin clean, moisturised and nourished"



Obviously, the back is all in Korean, as it is from Korea.
the bit in pink says:

"칙칙하고 건조한 피부에 생기와 영양을 더하는 딸기라떼 함유 클렌징 폼"

Which I would roughly translate into:

"Strawberry Latte Cleansing Foam revitalises and nourishes dull and dry skin"



or something like that... it's hard to translate these things because of the different sentence order in Korean! If I went with the way it's written in Korean it'd read "Dull and dry skin on vitality and nourishment increasing Strawberry Latte Cleansing Foam"... uh yeah I'll stick with my translation, even if it doesn't sound all fancy xD

It also says:
" 피부에 영양을 공급하고 생기를 부여하는 딸기라떼 성분이 칙칙한 피부를 맑고 생기있게 가꿔줍니다" --> "The ingredients of strawberry latte, which provide nourishment and give vitality to skin, make dull skin appear clear and fresh."
Damn that one was hard to do hahaha 

And:
" 상큼한 딸기라떼처럼 진하고 풍성한 거품이 부드럽게 피부를 감싸 촉촉하게 마무리 됩니다." --> "Just like a refreshing strawberry latte, these thick and plentiful bubbles gently cover the skin and leave it coated with moisture."
I dunno, that's the best I can do ^^"


I'm leaving the Korean here in case anyone here can read Korean themselves and see it in its original, untranslated state, and can maybe do a better job at translating it themselves hehe 


First of all, the smell! Aaaaaaaaah this smells like a strawberry milkshake <3 so good hehe my old face wash didn't even have a smell (because it was by the brand Simple) so it's such a luxury to me to get to be surrounded by such a sweet and cheerful smell everytime I wash my face!

Secondly, the texture. As you can see it's comes out in a solid wee pink blob, and although it doesn't show up on my camera, it's pearly. You only need a tiny wee bit and it goes a long way! I only need to apply a blob that size onto the palm of my hands, add a few drops of water, lather t between my hands and then rub it onto my wet face :D

focus on the pink blob and not THE VEINS!

yup, another vein pic... enjoy


Thirdly, how good a cleanser it is? This bad boy leaves my face feeling super clean! When I went back to squeeze any left over product from my old face wash to use (waste not want not!) I remember feeling so surprised when I was rinsing it off, because it didn't feel like it had properly cleaned my skin! I didn't feel as much skin as I do when I use the Missha face wash if ya know what I mean? Um I don't know hahaha I mean when I use the Missha face wash I know that it has thoroughly cleansed my skin and taken any makeup or suncream off, like it does a good job!

My skin is combination-oily skin (my chin and around my nose gets oily throughout the day, but my forehead is definitely on the drier side, and during winter months my whole face in general looks dry and in need of a little love), and my main concern with this product would be that it could possibly dry my skin out as it is very cleansing. It gets rid of everything on my face and leaves it feeling totally bear, so I'm not sure how this will feel in winter. Having said that, I think it'll be grand if I use my usual skin care products afterwards because I use toner (when I can be bothered),moisturisers, suncream, serum, oil, snail gel...the works! 

My friend, who always complains about her skin being dry, tried it out when I was at hers getting ready to go out and she had no problems with it and loved the smell, so it should be fine on dry skin too because it contains milk extracts :)

I think that after this one runs out (looking into the distant future here because the bottle is a proper full-size bottle and you only need a wee bit every time you use it, so I reckon this'll last me a loooooooooooong time), I'll try the chocolate flavour one to mix it up hahaha 

PROS:
nice, big bottle, don't need much product (goes a long way hehe)
good value (from where I bought it online)
great smell <3
thoroughly washes face... leaves it squeaky clean 
not too drying on my skin

CONS:
might dry out dry skin
.................
can't really think of any more :D

Anyway, as you can tell, I really like this product and would definitely recommend it (especially to those with oily/normal skin) and it's really good value, because the user I got it off (sing-sing-girl; she sells loads of Korean cosmetics and beauty products and has free p&p and includes like two wee samples with each purchase) sells products quite cheaply and, as I mentioned, has free postage and packaging :)

I actually bought my Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream from her for like £3.67 (I'll post a review of this soon and link it here as well), and have been creeping through everything she sells... but I ended up buying a Memebox (the From Jeju box) today which cost me
£15.87 (I had $5 of meme points so the box went down from $29.99 to $24.99 -->
£15.87 inc. p&p) so now I'm like "oh crap I really need to stop buying so much crap online ><" because I slowly built up a collection of clothes for uni and ended up buying stuff on ebay too because I finally got my PayPal account set up...  IT'S A CURSE!! So now I can only window shop on ebay until I get paid at the end of the month </3

I wish we had beauty products like Korea, but I'll have to wait until I go to Korea to get them easily hahah or wait until my Korean penpals send some :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment