Sunday 14 September 2014

Turmeric Face Mask



Haldi, turmeric, whatever you call it, has been seen as the holy grail in Indian skin care.
People who use it boast that it has the ability to lighten skin, fight acne, fade scars, prevent aging and more!
So I decided to give a turmeric face mask a try myself.
I like to use a mask of instant coffee, cocoa powder, honey and some milk to make it more liquidy.



I added half a teaspoon of turmeric into this mix and applied as usual.
I had read that turmeric stains, and from adding it into dishes when I cook, I knew this to be true.

But people on the internet  had promised that the orangery colour either wasn't as dark as they thought it would be, or that it faded within one or two washes so I had a little faith in them and went ahead with it!
My initial thoughts after rinsing the mask off was that my face was most definitely orange! I mean oompa loompa orange o_O


But that didn't worry me because I had been expecting it.

My family sure as hell was not expecting it hahaha they laughed at me a lot, but inside my head I was like, "one this washes off, my skin will be amazing," so I felt all superior.

That feeling disappeared as soon as I woke up the next morning.
DUN DUN DUN





I put the last two pictures in black an white for your benefit haha the other ones were so orangey, and because they were taken when it was dull outside in the morning the lighting and exposure is too bad for yous to really appreciate the condition of my skin hahaha

So it's fair to say that it did the total opposite of what I was expecting.
I broke out, and this was only my skin the morning. By nighttime that night my skin felt worse than it had ever felt in years.

Whenever I ran my hands over my chin I could just feel lots of wee bumps, and I was dreading going to school hahah so not only was my face bright orange (it STILL hadn't rinsed out ><), but I also had a hundred new friends growing on my face o_O

Oh turmeric, holy grail of India, why have you let me down so? ㅠㅠ

Tbf I went online and researched this mess, and read that it could be part of a process called "extraction" where it's basically pulling all the crap from my skin and breaking me out, but after the breakout my skin will be really good. So kind of like seeing a rainbow after a storm, right? Wrong hahah

Unfortunately for me, my bad skin continued for around four days, BUT it died down significantly like I didn't have to go to school with that many whitehead things on my chin (thankg god)  but it took a good few days to settle down o_O

However, when I went to google this, it was hard to come across much because most people had no problem with it whatsoever ad said their skin felt amazing afterwards. So this is only my experience! If you want to try it then go ahead, I hope you get better results than me :D



No comments:

Post a Comment